Don’t be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.
white people talking about other ethnicities be like
white people talking about themselves be like
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
- I bawl all the way home every night
- I am both completely excited and jealous when other babies oh home.
- I feel both completely surrounded and desperately alone at the same time.
- I know when they make new coffee in the Ronald McDonald room
- The phrases “all babies are different” and “she will do everything on her time” both comfort me and drive me nuts.
- due to hormones I already cry at silly things…now magnify this by 10.
-I get to spend time with some of the most dedicated people I have ever met
- Whenever “code pink” blares across the hospital I cry and fall into prayer.
- I have learned how to be an advocate for my child long before most parents
- my priorities have completely changed. Most important task of the day? Make sure Baby E knows I am there and is supported moving forward.
- You can’t begin to imagine life in the nicu until you have been there
- as much as I love the nurses and feel like I have bonded with some, if I never see them again in the nicu setting it will be tooooooo soon!
She has created a wonderful thing with Notorious R.B.G. I will admit I had to be told by my law clerks, what’s this Notorious. And they — they explained that to me.
Someday she is going to be too big to do this. I will be heartbroken that day.